Friday, June 26, 2015

Mason Jar Salad

Pack your lunch for the whole week!! Have a fresh salad that is ready when you want it and isn't wilted or soggy. 
I make a weeks worth of salads so everyday I just need to grab a jar on my way out the door. Easy, simple, healthy!
It takes me about a half hour to prep a weeks worth of salads. So worth the time!
Fill a quart size wide mouth mason jar first with all the toppings you like on your salad, usually 1/3 - 1/2 full. Then stuff the rest with your favorite greens. I add either clubbed ham or chicken for some protein. I pack my dressing in a separate small container as well as croutons if I want some crunch. Dump your salad out on a large plate or bowl, add dressing and croutons and dig in!! You will be surprised at how big of a salad you will have. I am full when I finish!!! Because the lettuce or greens are on top of everything else, nothing gets soggy and the lettuce stays crisp and fresh! And when you dump out your salad, all the other veggies  and toppings are on top. Great presentation!

Some of my favorite salad toppings:
Carrots
Radishes
Cucumbers
Strawberries
Blueberries
Peppers
Ham or chicken
Cheese
Snap peas
Cherrie tomatoes

In a separate container:
Croutons
Dressing

Greens:
Romaine lettuce
Spinich

Experiment with your favorites and enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment