Wednesday, May 20, 2015

No Bake Energy Balls
 
 
I saw this recipe last night and was craving something sweet and thought it would be a good alternative. My husband loves them as well, I will be making these on a regular basis! Such a yummy, easy and healthy alternative to a cookie. I packaged them in snack size zip lock bags with about 3 balls each so we can grab on the go when we need a pick-me-up or headed out the door. I only had whole flax seed, so I ground it up in my Magic Bullet and that worked just fine.
 
No Bake Energy Balls
  • 1 cup old fashion (dry) oats
  • 2/3 cups unsweetened shredded1/2 coconut
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix all the ingredients together very well, chill in refrigerator for 1/2 hr. Roll into small balls about 1 inch in size. Store in refrigerator in air tight container.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment