Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dehydrated Pineapple

Dehydrated Pineapple

 This weekend I dehydrated some pineapples to make a yummy, healthy snack, perfect for those sweet tooth cravings I tend to get. When the pineapple is dried, the natural sugars come out. I didn't dry it completely so the strips are still rubbery a bit, almost like fruit leather. An awesome snack for kids! My husband loves to munch on these!
I sliced up 2 pineapples and that was more than enough to fill the 4 trays I have with my dehydrator, there was a little left over to munch on. As you can see in the picture, I sliced it in long, thin strips. You can slice it anyway you like. The thicker you slice it, the longer it will take to dry.
I dried this batch for about 8-10 hours. It will vary depending on how many trays you have, the temperature you set the dehydrator (I did medium), how thin/think the fruit is, and also the humidity level.
I like the fruit still slightly rubbery and chewy, but some like it more crispy...all personal preference. :) 
I store the dried fruit in mason jars. Keep air tight for freshness.
Enjoy!
 
Here's a list with approximate dry times for other fruits I got from: http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=diy_turn_summers_fruit_into_natures_candy#_a5y_p=3425731










No comments:

Post a Comment