Sunday, March 1, 2015

During my childhood, my parents worked hard to provide for our family. They saw the value of family, faith and relationships as more important than large paychecks, fancy cars and trips to Disney World. I'm not saying these things are bad, we just plain didn't have the money to fly, buy name brand clothes, or drive the newest SUV. But that didn't mean we missed out. Road trips across the country with three young kids have lasting memories! My mom made hand-me-downs fresh and I knew how to use a drill, hammer and a skill saw by the time I was 10. They believed in hard work, a simple life and cooking hot dogs around a campfire. My parents made many sacrifices for us kids growing up and I couldn't be more blessed and thankful for it now. In this day an age, people are willing to pay someone else to paint their walls and cook their food. My goal is to take the hard working ethic my parents taught me along with the importance of love and family to simplify my life and home while enjoying it at the same time. I wish to share money saving tips, healthy food ideas and easy home improvement projects. Here's to running bare foot on green grass in the summer, power tools, Kitchen-Aids, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment